Cameyo Server is installed in your data center and is hosted in your environment.
Planning and Installation Overview
- RAM = 4GB for the OS + [(64MB per user per session + 256 MB for heavy applications + 25% overhead) = 400 MB per user]
- CPU = 1 core for every 15 users
STEP 1: CREATE A CLOUD / VIRTUAL WINDOWS SERVER 2012
- Create a clean cloud or virtual machine, close to your users.
- For a Microsoft Azure cloud machine, see tutorial here.
- For an Amazon Web Services EC2 machine, see tutorial here.
- For a VMware virtual machines, see tutorial here.
STEP 2: CONFIGURE INBOUND ACCESS TO RDP AND HTTP PORTS ESTIMATED TIME: 3 MIN
Configure your machine to receive incoming ports (as well as some external addresses if your organization is blocking them) so that Cameyo Play Server can serve at least HTTP / HTTPS. See Cameyo ports and addresses.
STEP 3: TRANSFORM YOUR MACHINE INTO A CAMEYO SERVER
ESTIMATED TIME: 10 MIN
- Download Cameyo SERVER INSTALLER and run it on your clean, unconfigured server. Then click "Install":
- Once all the components are installed, you will be presented with the following registration window:
- Login and password: your Cameyo credentials.
- Universal host name: your machine's host name or IP address as accessible from anywhere. This field is typically the same as you enter for remote controlling this machine.
- Externally-accessible HTTP port: Cameyo Play will configure this to be port 80. If you did not change the external in step 2, leave this at 80.
- Externally-accessible HTTPS port (optional): same as the above, but for secure https access. Note that Cameyo Play does not configure https by default. If you wish to configure https access, you will need to manually set up Tomcat on the machine to use your SSL certificate.
- Externally-accessible RDP port (optional): the external Remote Desktop port number for this machine. This is often 3389.
Once you are done configuring, you can click "Test" to test your settings. When you are ready to activate your server, click "Activate". By the end of the activation process you should see the following screen inviting you to reboot the server to finish installation:
STEP 4: TEST YOUR NEW SERVER
ESTIMATED TIME: 3 MIN
- Navigate to https://online.cameyo.com/servers and make sure you are logged in with the same credentials you activated the server with.
- Check that your new server is listed:
- Congratulations. You are done. You can always click on your server and configure it further:
Tip: Monitoring connections in real-time:
- On your server, open the Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc)
- Go to to Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> TerminalServices-LocalSessionManager
- Open Admin or Operational
- You will see the sessions list. Date/Timestamped/IP/UserName etc.
- You can also look under Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager